OBJECTIVES AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. The objective of WAAPP is to increase agricultural productivity while promoting regional integration. The development objective of project is to strengthen the
National Agricultural Research System (NARS) in Nigeria to contribute to technology development, dissemination and adoption in order to boost agricultural
productivity increase in Nigeria’s top commodity sub-sector that are aligned with sub-regional priorities.
2. The priority commodities of WAAPP- Nigeria are rice, maize, sorghum, cassava, yam, poultry and aquaculture.
3. The performance indicators of WAAPP Nigeria are:
- At least three improved technologies in aquaculture (fingerlings, feeds and processing) have been released by the end of the project.
- Out of the three improved technologies released, at least one should show improvement in productivity by 30 percent over the current technology at
- At least two of the released technologies are tested and adapted in each of the WAAPP countries in similar agro-ecological zones.
- At least for one of the technologies generated in aquaculture adoption is launched in the participating countries in similar agro-ecological zones.
- At least adoption rate for two of the technologies would have reached 25% at the sub-regional level.
- At least adoption level for 10 other available/generated improved technologies of other priority commodities apart from aquaculture would have
reached 50% at the national level.
4. The key performance indicators are:
- Percentage increase in productivity at farmers’ level of released aquaculture technologies (one out of the three technologies released in
aquaculture is expected to increase productivity by at least 30% over the current technology)
- Percentage increase in yield/productivity of released technologies of at least one of the other top priority commodities
(one out of the technologies released for the other priority commodities expected to increase yield/productivity by 30% over the current technology.